Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 23, 2011

THIS EASTER...

Once again, its that time of the year when Christians all over the world commemorate that great event that brought us salvation over 2000 years ago.

I wouldn't want to preach but for sometime I've been thinking on how we celebrate of festivals. Should this great season of Easter only be remembered within four days of April? Shouldn't it be a daily event? With full knowledge that the only reason Jesus was born into our world- which is why we celebrate Christmas- was to die and reconcile us to God [Easter]. Had Jesus not come into our world for his overwhelming work, our case would have been hopeless. I'd like to you to reflect on the season with these two short poems I wrote although I must admit I'm not a great poet-
Easter- a short summary of my personal experience of Easter;  and True Love:

EASTER

When I was at a loss
HE left HIS Heavenly gloss
to fight my cause
on a shameful cross

TRUE LOVE

Have you ever felt such true love-
like the peace of a dove from up above
or the gentleness of a twilight
that ushers a restful night;
Could it be the happiness of a rising sun
that brings forth a new morn
or does it feel like the savour
of living everyday in the favour
of my dear Saviour
But yes it is
this is what I see...
Only HIM and me
 together we'll be
a good company.

3 comments:

  1. Sister and you say u aint a poet. If u want to be nko? lol... These poems are so touching...Can I link it to my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely poem!!!!! I likey!!First time on your blog and loving it!Im following you too.

    www.gistdotcom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Debo: thanks! Na GOD o, no be me...you can link it to your blog.
    @ Sisi Yemmie: thanks alot...im following you too

    ReplyDelete